h1

Busy

December 14, 2009

Man it’s been crazy lately, got a bunch of work done on the basement though. One wall is up, and almost all anchored into the concrete, insulation will be going in this week, and hopefully I can start on the adjacent wall soon as well. Day by day, one step closer to done…

Since my carboy was empty after bottling day, Kel and I did another batch. We’ve got a red fermenting downstairs now, should be ready for bottling in about another 2 weeks or so. Doing this second batch all from extract was a bit different. I think I’m just a little low on water for it, so it might come out too sweet, but we’ll see how that all works out. I do realize I need to get a wort chiller though, setting it outside at -10 degrees, still took over 2 hours to cool down enough to pitch the yeast. Needless to say, it was quite a long night. I’m sure it’ll all be worth it in the end though.  We’re going to call this new one Mustang Kelly, since it’s a red and Kelly likes mustangs 🙂 For the next batch, I’m thinking something dark, porter, or a stout.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: